|Powers||Energy absorption to fuel Growth|
|Status||At least one in existence|
Absorbers are reptilian beings from the Altronia Continuity.
The origin of the Absorber race is uncertain, since there is no guarantee that the Great Beings created them. Still, this is the generally accepted idea.
History of the race is shrouded in mystery. At some point they were given the nickname "Absorbers", since their true name is only pronounceable by members of the race. Otriedah was brought into existence as part of this race, but how is unclear.
Their current whereabouts are unknown.
Absorbers are reptilian bipeds, about six feet tall on average. The have two toes, three fingers, each of these digits ending in a claw. They have somewhat short, blade-tipped tails, and small horns on their heads. Their coloration varies, but usually contains some green, and is often altered by their chameleon ability. There is also a clear distinction between the appearances of the males and females.
- Energy-fueled Growth:Absorbers are possessed of the ability to absorb the kinetic energy of an attack through their armor and use the energy to grow. The extent to which they do this is determined by the strength of the attack. They will still feel some of the pain from the attack, but only a fraction. Logically, their ability to grow is proportionally hampered as they get larger, since an attack of similar strength as a previous one will be proportionally weaker as compared to their size. This logical phenomenon acts as a safeguard, keeping them from reaching a clumsy size too soon in combat. A weakness of this ability is the fact that their armor must be struck in order for it to work. Their organic tissue cannot trigger their growth process. Absorbers can turn off their power at will as well, which will automatically return them to normal size and cause them to retain that size.
- Chameleon: Absorbers are also able to alter their exterior color to either look different or blend into a certain background.
- Surface Adhesion: Absorbers can climb walls like geckos through the use of electrically charged filaments on their hands and feet, which use electromagnetism and the fact that the ends of the filaments match the molecular surface of an object to allow the Absorber to climb the wall.
- Agility: Absorbers are very agile.
Natural Tools Edit
- Claws: Absorbers have sharp claws on all four limbs which are used for defense often, but do have several other uses.
- Horns: Absorbers have horns on their heads that are mainly used for show, but are also useful in defense, especially in males, who have larger horns than females.
- Tails: Absorbers have prehensile tails that are tipped in stingerlike blades, which can be used as weapons.
Society and Culture Edit
Their society is a mystery, and any settlements they may have have never been found.
Known individuals Edit
- They are the only ones capable of pronouncing their true species name due to the unique design of their larynx. A similarly unique, yet very different design is found in Jardel's throats.